Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - GM to Build New Vehicle at Plant in Mexico
View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2010, 07:51 PM   #4
Rebel2345
NOT GL4x4SucksVideo guy.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT-Dawg View Post
Unfortunately GM is destined to fail...again! 3 years ago when they started to layout plans for the Volt/Cruise project, many experts in the industry said they were going about it the wrong way. Now they roll out a $40K vehicle that is unaffordable, lacks the power the American consumer wants and still uses a cast-iron petroleum fueled electric generator to charge the electric batteries. In essence its just a really efficient 4-cylinder car.

Now they want to dump money into Mexican based facilities where the quality is low, workers are mistreated and shipping cost is outrageous.

The only plus is that the engineering and new machinery will most likely be done/supplied by workers in the states.
I'm sorry, its not unaffordable. If $40k is unaffordable, you wouldn't see any of these cars on the road.
$35,000-$45,000 cars.

And, I don't know about you, but I see quite a few cars on the road these days that are in that range.
Rebel2345 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05732 seconds with 20 queries