View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2010, 07:30 AM   #12
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova

Quote:
Originally Posted by howell_jeep View Post
Talking about gays and mormons, why is it that a person can't marry 2 or more person at the same time? If it is ok for a man to marry woman, woman to marry man, man to marry man, and woman to marry woman, why can't a woman marry two other women but just one? It makes no sense to limit "marriage" to one person only, if someone wants to be with two or more people. Why do people that want to marry more than one person get denied the benefits of being married?
I wish we could make this discussion a lot easier and take the whole "benefit of being married" and toss it. Why do we need to give benefits to people for being married?

Edit: I guess I was thinking monetary benefits, like tax incentives, but I forgot about things like having rights involving your spouse, like wills, medical treatment, etc. That's another reason why it should be legal. It's all well and good to allow them to "do something else" as Brewmenn says, but shouldn't a gay couple who has been together for years be able to have the same rights as everyone else?

Last edited by mikesova; August 5th, 2010 at 07:56 AM.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04106 seconds with 11 queries