Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Project Cumdumpster
View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2010, 11:07 PM   #118
bbaXJ
Yooper In Training

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to bbaXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDK_YJ88 View Post
I believe it was only trussed between the Spring mounts. This caused it to bend between the knuckle and spring mount (Difficult area to truss?)
It had gussets on the knuckles and like you said, a truss between the spring mounts. More would've been nice but we didn't expect it to see that kinda impact. More was planned when the money came along for coilovers and stuff, now it's a requirement instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj23polaris View Post
ok yea its only the driver side tube tearin out of the diff, yea i think makin a truss that goes outside the springs would mean the truss is on the bottom of the axle?
Both tubes are bent and the driverside is tearing out of the diff. There are a few ways a full truss could've been done, but not in the time we originally had to work with. The HP60 is getting some pretty intense trussing, pics will be up soon. I'm also throwing a truss on the AAM 9.25 on my DD/tow rig/dune toy in the next week or so cuz I'm redoing my front suspension too so I'll post pics of that also.
bbaXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07544 seconds with 20 queries