July 27th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Originally Posted by capone
Don't let Dad sell it before it's done!
We have 5+ years...plenty of time. Besides, Mira's going to (mostly) be calling the shots on this one.
Here are the specs so far on Mira's Jeep:
- 1993 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2-Door
- '99 XJ interior swap, including all wiring/gauges/dash
- 4-wheel disc brakes
- 2" TeraFlex BB spacers (front) OR 4" TJ springs (which should net 3" lift on the XJ)...unsure at this point.
- TeraFlex front lower control arms
- '05 LJ OEM Jeep Ravine wheels
- 31" x 10.5" BF Goodrich KM2 Mud-Terrain tires
- H.D. Offroad Engineering Shackle Relocation Kit (rear)
- JCR Offroad DIY front bumper, Rear Bumper TBD
- JCR Offroad Transfer Case skid plate
- (planned) Iceland Offroad high-clearance flares (no suspension lift planned for vehicle)
- (planned) Rock sliders (probably custom-built by RockSolid Performance)
- (hopefully) Custom-built RockSolid Performance interior or hybrid roll cage
- (planned) Synergy Green exterior paint (OEM color on the new Camaros)
EDIT: As the project has progressed, we have gotten some sponsors that Mira & I would like to recognize.
Mira & I would like to thank BJ at RockSolid Performance here in Cedar Springs, Michigan for the pro bono custom machine work on her rear Dana 44 truss, some new Dana 44 U-bolts and the braided stainless rear soft brake line kit. Much appreciated, guys!
Thanks for the caliper paint, seam sealer, internal frame coating, PRE cleaner, and cleaning discs, Matt. Much appreciated.
Thanks for the sweet Ballistic kid-sized skull t-shirt, Dave!
Thanks for the new TeraFlex adjustable lower control arms, Sterling!
Thanks to the great guys at JCR Offroad for the AWESOME deal on the XJ Ultimate Sliders!
- BOBCAT (Don): The whole project is a reality because our friend Don hooked us up with a fairly clean, '93 XJ 2-dr. "carcass". Thank you so much, Don!
- Brewmenn (Bruce): Thank you for hooking us up with a clean set of FREE doors. Much appreciated.
- mrclean (Travis): Transport of parts, and donation of some Hummer D-rings/mounts.
- JeepMann (Steve): A set of Dana 30 knuckles. Thanks Steve!
- big_ol_bronco78 (Dave): Free parts transfer/delivery. Thanks man!
- Shane Rugg: SCREAMIN'-good deal on a low-mileage 1999 XJ parts vehicle. Thanks again, Shane. Your generosity is greatly appreciated.
- Ron Peterson (cj8ron): NEW late-model XJ header panel for a "facelift" front clip swap (WOOT!), fan shroud, and several other XJ parts we can use. Thank you so much, Ron.
- Aaron Smuda (Porscheguy): Adjustable lower control arms & some TJ 4" lift springs. Thanks for your generosity, Aaron. We hope to return the favor someday!
- TJontherox (Ryan): New XJ grill insert. Thanks Ryan!
- alix4d (Alix): FREE transport of donated parts.
- Mitch Ware: Cash Donation. Thanks for your generosity, Mitch!
- Andy Stock (MKR5150 on NAXJA). '98 ZJ disc/disc brake proportioning valve. Thanks again, Andy!
- Check out this Eastwood Blog covering Mira's Jeep project.
- Featured on Page 56 of the January 2012 edition of "Jp Magazine". Thanks guys!
Last edited by 1x1_Speed_Craig; January 27th, 2015 at 08:49 PM.