Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - A/C System Vacuuming/filling
View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:53 AM   #5
Jeeperz Creeperz

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via AIM to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via MSN to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via Yahoo to Jeeperz Creeperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
I've tried charging it before, with a can of the artic freeze stuff, with the gague on it. It's never fully out, there's always at least 10-15psi in it or so.
That doesn't mean the system has a refrigerant charge in it, only that it has some pressure (could be air) in it.

Quote:
I've charged it to where it should be (about 50-55 psi, depending on ambient air temp) but the air never gets cold.
I'll assume it's low side PSI you're talking about, which is too high. Either you're charging it without it running, or you've overcharged it (which will cause it no also not get cold).

Quote:
An it's squeeing because the bearing are bad, the compressor will not be on and it will squeel, it sounds exactally like a bad clutch, when the compressor is on it wont make any noise, then when it shuts off, it will grind/squeel
Replace the compressor pulley, the bearings are shot, but it sounds like you need a little more work done.
Jeeperz Creeperz is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07425 seconds with 20 queries