Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - school me on the RZR side by sides
View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2010, 09:24 AM   #20
Your Message Here
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Trail Junkie, I would highly recommend an enduro motorcycle to enjoy Michigan's trails. :)
Or if you're manly enough go with four wheels... ;)

Seriously, many of the best trails (not routes where a Jeep can legally go, but 50" trails) are tight for a full-size quad. There are many cases where my 48 and change inch wide Polaris Sportsman rubs or requires a 3/4 point turns. I've seen the two-up quads struggle to make turns due to their length. A stock RZR is *slightely" wider and longer. There's also the issue of height with the cage - when off-camber (as many trails are in the turns and twisties) the cage interferes with trees.

So, while I think the RZRs are a pretty cool idea, they'd be pretty limited on many MI trails. There are sections of Rose City, Ogemaw Hills, St Helen (the "back areas" south of I-75), Denton, Geels, Meadows, Frederick, and Bull Gap they wouldn't get through without a lot of beating and banging or maybe not at all with a longarm or wider tires.

If I was younger a SoS-plated dual sport would be the way to go. Otherwise a utility quad (IRS and Cadillac-like padded seat) is the way to go.
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.07854 seconds with 21 queries