View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2010, 10:12 AM   #2
Jeeperz Creeperz

Send a message via ICQ to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via AIM to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via MSN to Jeeperz Creeperz Send a message via Yahoo to Jeeperz Creeperz
Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
I figured i'd just post this in the general tech section, but this is for a 96 chevy silverado 1500

I need to replace the a/c compressor, the clutch is going bad, it will squeel every once in a while and if I turn the a/c on to engage the compressor. And I really want to have cold a/c in my truck, it'd be nice to have it's another good selling point should I decide to sell it

Anyway, my question is, what exactally do you have to do after replaceing the compressor and accumulator? anything else that should be replaced/checked? And no, the a/c doesn't work know, I believe I have either a big leak in the system or a bad low presser sensor, or something of that nature. I know that the system has to be put under vacuum to get rid of all the moisture, but Is that something that is better to have a shop do or could I pick up a little vacuum thingy and do it myself?
Depends on whether the clutch is squealing because the compressor is locked up or because the pulley bearings are bad (or a combination of both).

You'll need to determine if you have a charge in the system or not and proceed accordingly. Unless you're familiar with the process, the best results for reclaim/repair/evacuation/recharge would be obtained by taking it to a shop that has the proper equipment.
Jeeperz Creeperz is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04139 seconds with 11 queries