Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 1991 Suburban 4x4 diesel lifted
View Single Post
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:04 PM   #1
Pipeliner_86

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default 1991 Suburban 4x4 diesel lifted

For sale is my 1991 GMC Suburban. It is a nearly rust free vehicle, in great condition!

The body is straight, without dents or dings. Paint is two-tone red and grey, the grey is sun faded. It has the tailgate with electric window that works good,no rust. Besides some light surface rust on the undercarraige, the only place that has some real rust is up inside the rear passenger fenderwell, where the seams meet. The interior is burgandy cloth, very good condition for its age. There are 3 rows of seats, all seat belts are present. The front driver and passenger seats are from a different vehicle, and are grey captains chairs with a center councel that is a seat as well. It has a stereo/cd player that works great, all the gauges work as well. The drivers very most rear window is cracked, but not broke out. You can see the cracks from the inside, but not visible outside. All but the two front windows are tinted. The head liner is sagging, need removed/replaced. Lots of room inside this monster.

The driveline is as follows: 6.2L diesel engine, 4-speed SM465 stick shift transmission, NP-205 transfer case and GM corporate axles 10-bolt front and 14-bolt rear with 4.10 gears. Everything in this driveline has been gone through and been rebuilt/refreshed. Engine has been rebuilt, the heads have been checked for cracks(no cracks) and the valves have been redone. New bearings, rings, oil pump, timing set and water pump. Engine has no leaks! Transmission has new clutch, and been serviced. The transfer case has been rebuilt with new bearings, and the axles are rebuilt as well. This driveline is as close to being new as you can get without accually replacing everything with new equipment. The suspension is newer, not stock. The front sway bar has quick disconnects and the shackles are greaseable. The body mounts are 2.5 inch lift mounts, and the suspension sits just a little higher than stock. Currently the truck has 35" Toyo Open Country tires on it, with aftermarket rims. I have stock rims with nearly new 235/75R16 all-terrain tires that will be sold with the truck.

The front and rear bumpers are hand built one of a kind. Both have tow hooks/d-rings on them and the front bumper has a winch mount. Lots of steel in these bumpers, other vehicles will not fair well in a collision with this Suburban. There is a class III reese hitch in back, with 7-pin trailer plug and a brake controller inside, under the dash.

This Suburban runs and drives great, and pulls down 18+ MPG as well. This has been my daily driver, and I love driving it. With a nice paint job this truck would look amazing. We bought a Ford Excursion, so we are selling the Suburban, no need for two big SUV's. If the truck sells for $3,800 or more I will leave the 35" Toyo's on. If it does not make $3,800 I will keep them and put the stock rims/tires back on. The Toyo's are practically brand new. The Suburban has been one of the most reliable vehicles I have ever owned. I have never had a single problem from it. You can jump in and drive anywhere with it. This would make a great off-road toy or sand dune runner and toy hauler.

This is my listing from evilbay. http://cgi.ebay.com/GMC-Suburban-199...item27b30bf8ee

If there are any questions about the Suburban, you can email me at secordj7@yahoo.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0160.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	64723  

Page generated in 0.06834 seconds with 21 queries