Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - SOLD - 1984 3/4-ton Suburban Project. 6.2 diesel/700r4/208, 10b/14bSF *$1500*
View Single Post
Old June 28th, 2010, 06:32 PM   #1
PavementPounder
I am the law.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default SOLD - 1984 3/4-ton Suburban Project. 6.2 diesel/700r4/208, 10b/14bSF *$1500*

This is another one of those projects that I am never going to get around to. I bought it last year after the PO was no longer able to complete it. His intent was a generally stock restoration, so nothing special has been done and nothing has really been altered to this point. My intent was to make it a 4-speed auto. Only looking to pass it along for what I have into it, which was the purchase price + transportation costs + some of the additional parts I have gathered. If you do not currently have a tow rig, this could be a classy solution to that problem given the truck's very good overall body condition.

The PO completely stripped down the vehicle to repaint it. The body is in excellent condition and you would not even know it was an unfinished project unless you look inside or underneath it.

Current state is painted and trim/glass/exterior parts all reassembled (to include the OEM hubcaps, which are also in nice condition). This truck has a tailgate with a power rear window, which is much better suited to the role of traveling (or even daily driving) than one with barn doors like my 1987. F/R A/C & heat. The 6.2 is still in it, but some top end parts have been removed (still have them). The injector pump was one of the items pulled, perhaps with the intent of upgrading it. Aside from that, the underhood components and accessories are very complete. The dash is partially disassembled, but most parts are present (including the steering column) and a bench seat was bolted in so it could be moved around without too much trouble. The rest of the interior is stripped, but much of it is in the truck in boxes, or in boxes in my basement. I also collected more than one additional set of seats out of another truck of the same vintage with one set being tan to match the 2-tone paint job. I have door panels, seat belts, console, and other trim parts out of the tan donor as well. That set also has captain's front seats and a third row seat. The 208C is present, but not installed. Also included are 2 empty trans housings (probably TH400's) and a 2wd 700r4 I bought out of a running 6.2 van of the same era, complete with torque converter, inspection cover, etc. I expect the axles to have 4.10's, but worst case they could be 3.73. It currently wears 265/75r16 stock-looking street tires with good tread.

I will add more details as I dig out the pictures and remember them. Clean title in my name. $1500 for the truck and all the associated parts.

The vehicle is located indoors in a storage unit in Marine City.

No trades. I have no interest in more vehicles or any other stuff.

SOLD.

Last edited by PavementPounder; September 3rd, 2011 at 04:53 PM.

Page generated in 0.07401 seconds with 20 queries