Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - The Beast (My Little ZUK Build)
View Single Post
Old June 8th, 2010, 04:09 PM   #49
Jdc215

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i got the brake lines in the rear redone, i have a single brake hose going to the proportioning valve so i re ran all the hard line on the axle with two drivers side wheel cylinders and a junction block. i left plenty of room to fit the trailtough axle truss in the rear too. i also did the sj410 backing plate mod but instead of buting the actual backing plates i just cut the existing ones to fit the exact same way. once i get the brake backing plate tacked to the axle tube flange ill be all set for some quick axle shaft swaps and quicker axle work in the future. the new wheel bearings on the new shafts should help things out to.

since the input bearing is bad on the transfer case an im buying one with 4.16 clamini gears in it, i figured i better upgrade the mounting system at the same time, so i ordered a set of spidertrax transfer case arms and a set of polly mounts. this should be bretty straight forward once i get the skid plate off. only thing im not certain how to do is remove and reinstall the speedo cable. once this is good id like to rebuild the rear diff. then ill save up for a rocky-road crawler II rear bumper and skid plate. i cant afford a tire carrier right now but all crawler bumpers are set up for one. and id like to upgrade my tank skid if im going to remove the old bent up hitch assembly.

should be picking up the transfer case saturday night all change the fluid and install it sunday, i may start the tear down on saturday evening but it depends on how it all goes. ill also be replacing the rear shackle bushings and makeing some new shackels real soon. i think all that will be less than $30 and its worth it to make some real cheap shackles out of 1/4" flat stock now since i wont have money for those terra flex revolvers any time soon. those are now behind the t-case, rear diff rebuild, tank skid and RR rear bumper. i also need to get my axle trusses and knuckle gussets welded on some time.

that red one isnt my zook just a picture of the rear bumper i want
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Calmini gears.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	63826   Click image for larger version

Name:	transfercase mounts.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	11.7 KB
ID:	63827   Click image for larger version

Name:	spidertrax arms.jpg
Views:	430
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	63828   Click image for larger version

Name:	RR bumper.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	63830   Click image for larger version

Name:	gasskid.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	63831  

Last edited by Jdc215; June 12th, 2010 at 02:31 AM.
Jdc215 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07279 seconds with 21 queries