Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Discuss: Eliminate Teacher's Unions And Tenure - Pay For Performance
View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2006, 03:56 PM   #12
jamiesann

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn
sound like a great way to further distract teachers from the job of educating our young and make them ever more likely to just "teach the test" rather than actually try to give kids an education.

Plus, how do you judge teachers in subjects like art and specialized classes like you'd find in the upper high school grades? What "standard" test do you apply?
THERE are teachers both the kids love and parents love. I only had a few of them but even the bad ass hole kids did well in one particular teachers room cuase EVERYONE i knew even the burnout kids respected the hell out of the guy. He could be paid triple any other teacher in the district and i think it would be a good value. You wouldnt measure teachers 100% on test scores. Thats part of the problem. The teachers think they answer to know one as long as they talk in front of a few kids for a few hours a day (the bad ones anyways)

There is such subtle ways as seeing students come back to school to visit the special teachers as a means of measuring who is a good teacher. The kids know and they remember.

Kids review the teacher and parents review the teacher each quarter. Just like students get report card, this is permanent record and saved on file and mostly non of it will matter but it can show trends, and the same issue showing up every year etc that can be helpful in identifying great and crappy teachers.

Last edited by jamiesann; August 22nd, 2006 at 04:05 PM.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05787 seconds with 20 queries