Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - This is one reason I'm not a fan of "Coffee Shop Churches"
View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #14
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
No, it doesn't have to negate all logic and rationality, but it does a certain amount.

I'm not sure if I understand what your second statement is saying.

Taking my stance of "religions are not true, not fact, not provable" (aka bullshit) is hypocritical with my opinions on how religious people feel about me? I don't have a specific opinion on how all religious people feel about me. That's generalizing and I try not to do it. My wife is religious and she loves me (so she says), aber is religious and I'm sure he's not a fan of me. I'm not seeing the hypocrisy in my statements. Perhaps you can explain it in different terms. Scooter I respect you deeply and I am positively not trying to get in a pissing match.
I've seen you get upset at how religious people have "written you off" as an atheist. Not putting much more into it than that. You and I feel there is certain proof missing to accept the concept of what religions state as fact - however, through learning, life's experiences, etc, people have found religion and their faith.

Just because I don't believe in what others do - it makes it no less real for them - and no matter what they may strongly believe in - it makes it no more real for me.

I'm having a hard time trying to explain how I feel; but I wouldn't write something off as bullshit just because my understanding of it doesn't comprehend its entirety.

Page generated in 0.05590 seconds with 20 queries