View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #13
aber61

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
No, it doesn't have to negate all logic and rationality, but it does a certain amount.

I'm not sure if I understand what your second statement is saying.

Taking my stance of "religions are not true, not fact, not provable" (aka bullshit) is hypocritical with my opinions on how religious people feel about me? I don't have a specific opinion on how all religious people feel about me. That's generalizing and I try not to do it. My wife is religious and she loves me (so she says), aber is religious and I'm sure he's not a fan of me. I'm not seeing the hypocrisy in my statements. Perhaps you can explain it in different terms. Scooter I respect you deeply and I am positively not trying to get in a pissing match.
Mike, I think you're alright and probably a decent guy. Who knows maybe even good to go on a mountain bike ride or a beer. You have your opinion and I'm ok with that too.
As far as the type of church that is going on, it may be very genaric and maybe the word of God is good for new Christians, but as Christians we tend to grow up and need more substance, like meat and potatoes as compared to milk.
I do not think of myself as religious but I have a relationship with Jesus Christ. It's about relationship nor religion.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04669 seconds with 11 queries