Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - "Dirthead 509" TJ Project
View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2010, 09:12 PM   #344
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

So I finished my twin stick shifters, they'll come up through the stock location. I'll buy them next time. The whole D300 thing has been a huge waste of time up to this point. I have to pull it one more time and put more seals on the shifter rails, finish the rear shifter bracket up, put a sight tube in, put the speedo sensor in, and vent it. Then hopefully it works from now on
I have been working on the jeep a ton in the last 2 weeks, pretty much every night til 10pm. Pwilson22000 and S.Hembree were over 2 weekends ago and we assembled the front axle. XJ4life came over thursday night and helped me put the rear axle back under and check for clearances. I need to lengthen the front driveshaft 7" and take 7" out of the rear driveshaft. Little wierd how that worked out.

This weekend I finished putting the fuel cell in and hooking the lines up. I also reassembled the engine and hooked it all up, installed bump stops, put the clutch in, swapped master cylinders for a 99 dodge 1500 master. I need to change the oil and filter and that should be ready to go...for now anyway. I have to finish the trans crossmember up when I have the t-case out. I have to swap all the nuts to nylocks for the suspension still too. Brake lines, coolant lines, radiator mounting, power steering stuff and other misc stuff I'm forgetting and I should be able to take it for a ride through the field. Once I test suspension ect, I'll start on tube work. Hoping to have it ready before July 31st
My Jeep
feva4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.07431 seconds with 21 queries