Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - I have no word...
View Single Post
Old April 17th, 2010, 07:59 PM   #16
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
The big thing in this article is that is says the findings SUGGEST atheists have a TENDENCY to be more intelegent. Nowhere in the article is anything is listed as a fact, only hypothesis. This is the scientific method. An observence of information presented and a SUGGESTION as to why.

It could just be me but that title kind of seems pretty undeniable.

I agree that it's only Suggested and not proven. I personally don't think Psychology is really worth much as a "Science" kind of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95Bronco View Post
I didn't click.

Does it say because they don't believe in ferry tales, like talking snakes, virgin births and men who live 100's of years?
Yes, your forgot to mention fairy-tales of matter being created from absolutely nothing (or it's eternal, the can't even agree on that), That the humans we interact with/love were started from goo, and that you and I are Accidents and really have no meaning in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokerob View Post
born and raised catholic...

nothing like being 4 years old being told your a sinner who is going to hell for sins you havent committed.

that being said i have not been to church since high school (catholic school) and dont plan on going anytime soon.

My finace and I went in to see about getting married in the perish close to our house and the priest there was such a fucking pompus fukc wad that i coulda punched him in the face. He suggested that we were getting married because she might be pregnant (she is not) and that we should wait untill the baby was born just to make sure it had "all its toes" (suggesting that people who have premarrital sex or sex out of wed-lock are more prone to have retarded babies). He then went on a little speel about the black community and how they are the problem with society today.

is all i heard for the next 20 mins and i just looked at pictures on the wall (being obviously uninterested).

That pretty much has been my experience with the "catholic" dogma since i can remember.

Scare tactics etc. are such a lame attempt/move to get anyone with any sort of brain to follow you.

I wanted to tell this fukc to his face that i once got a girl named Mary pregnant and gave her an abortion with a poopy candy cane. I walked out and am probably never going to go back.

I live with some sort of catholic guilt everyday due to being around the catholic "teachings" for so long. Some of that stuff gets (teachings of morality) stuck in your being, so i think i will for ever be a Recovering Catholic.
I'm sorry you were treated that way by a priest. I'm not surprised at all though. My question is why, if you've been away from the church, did you go to a Priest to get married? Because it's the right thing to do? It sucks that he gave you a Crappy speech but his job is to Teach what ever Dogma he is part of. If what he said follows Catholic teaching then you can't complain when you go to him. It's his job. If you didn't want to hear it, Don't go to a Catholic priest.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.09148 seconds with 20 queries