Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - I have no word...
View Single Post
Old April 16th, 2010, 07:47 PM   #5
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Religion is a cultural universal, and its practice is observed in every known human society. However, as I explain in earlier posts (Why do we believe in God? Part I, Part II), recent evolutionary psychological theories suggest that religiosity may not be an adaptation in itself but may be a byproduct of other evolved psychological mechanisms variously called the “animistic bias” or the “agency-detector mechanisms.”
I was tempted to stop reading at that point. That is the Exact same idea as a Christian trying to use the bible to prove God.

Quote:
it may therefore be reasonable to conclude that atheism may not be part of the universal human nature, and widespread practice of atheism may have been a recent product of Communism in the 20th century. So belief in higher powers is evolutionarily familiar and natural, and atheism is evolutionarily novel. The Hypothesis would therefore predict that more intelligent individuals are more likely to be atheist than less intelligent individuals.
While this makes sense, it's scary. Are they effectively saying that more intelligent people are more prone to accept communistic ideas? That's Great.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06570 seconds with 20 queries