View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2010, 04:21 PM   #13
joe_jeep
welfare wheeler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to joe_jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastbobby View Post
I have noticed alot of trucks lately with two hitches on them. One directly below the other. All of them have been 3/4-1ton trucks. I couldn't figure out why the hell they would do that.
its called a torklift super hitch. they are one of the best hitches available.
they are common to people that have to use a long hitch extension. they sell extensions up to 48 inches. the extension is actually two 2inch recievers hooked together. many people have 11.5ft truck campers and they need a hitch to extend out form under the overhang. they have some of the highest weight ratings on the market. that also have adjustable side chains that connect to the sides of the hitch from the extension. its kinda like an a frame to take out all the wiggle and slop. they are very pricey, a hitch with an extension and all the goodies is between 700.00 and 1k. i think they are rated to about 17k.

the reese titan/towbeast is single 2.5 inch hitch. probably the next best thing to a superhitch.
i think these are rated to around 14k.

my factory ford 2" hitch is rated to 12k with a wd hitch. ford does offer a 2.5 inch factory hitch now.

the gm factory tube hitch is junk. if you have one get rid of it. i have seen a few pics on rv.net of the carnage from failure.

i should upgrade the hitch on my superduty. i use a solid two inch 18" extension to get out from under my camper. i have hauled my jeep on it with out issue a hand full of times. it puts my hitch at or near its capacity. i do use side chains to stabilize the extension/reciever. the chains go up over the frame rails around the hitch and chain binder together. it sorta locks every thing together.

Last edited by joe_jeep; April 11th, 2010 at 04:35 PM.
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04483 seconds with 11 queries