Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - the marriage debate
View Single Post
Old April 4th, 2010, 09:17 PM   #11
aber61

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
do you think that 2 people must get married or is it acceptable to continue dating for long periods of time? me and the gf had a major fight the other day and it sparked my curiosity on what other people thought about marriage in general.

my though is that marriage is stupid, outdated, has a 50% failure rate, and is a religious tradition that doesn't fit modern society IMO. i for one am not religious and do not believe in any god, or any higher power or whatever else people believe in these days.

what marriage to me means is a piece of paper that legally declares i'm with someone, and a ring on your finger that tells other people that your taken. you don't need paper and an expensive ring for that...
The way you put it, it sounds like to me you do not have what it takes to stay in a relationship, commitment is what makes a marriage work. You have to take the good with the bad. You make your women everything, you lay down your life for her and let her know it. With your out look on marriage you can now join the 50% and higher group of failed marriages because that is where you will end up.
Nowadays most churches will not marry you and your future wife unless you are committed to at least a 3 month pre marital class to even see if you are ready for marriage. A pastor does not want to marry you and then see your marriage fail in a year.IMO
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06439 seconds with 20 queries