Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Unloading a KLR650, the easy way...
View Single Post
Old March 31st, 2010, 12:45 PM   #12
L4CX
Out for the Summer!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinRRT View Post
You obviously have not tried to back a bike down a ramp. Even if you have a nice wide aluminum one, this method is still 100% easier. Plus, you are not lifting the entire weight of the bike. you simply support some of it. ideally you tip the bike a bit to make it easier to grab the left bar grip and get some momentum and essentially just let it fall, but my then the front tire is just clearing the tail gate.

Faster, and easier then the ramp method without the hassle. Simply for reference, I was weighing in at 140 lbs and did this with 200lb dry weight bikes, no problem. Also, At the time, I most likely could not have bench pressed 100lbs. Again, you are not dead lifting the bike. If you dont believe me, try it yourself.

I also, leaded it without a ramp, also very easy, and you dont have to cart a ramp around with you all the time.
The only bike I have is my Cl450 and it weights close to 450lb's. Well, besides my Trek and Raleigh

I guess I didn't think about loading it one wheel at a Time. Still think it would be easier on the body to back it down a ramp. I'm only 24 and I'm trying to make it to 30 without having a Blown out back. I have to many friends with that problem.

I also Realize that he's not dead lifting the bike. I just think even the momentum of a Bike that size could go the wrong way and it could end up bad. Just my opinion I guess.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06864 seconds with 20 queries