Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 6.0 Ford Powerstroke Help
View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2010, 05:06 PM   #14
SHARPMACHINE
F-U-CANCER!!!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry1me View Post
I would compare the cost of ARPS to the ford Headbolts and see how much more it would cost him. I have had 3 ID tuned 6.0Ls with extreme race tunes, as well as the Famous Looney tune and didnt take it easy on each of those trucks. Never had one issue with puking or the factory headbolts. Most people dont realize that the majority of puking issues comes from a bad EGR cooler, or an exhausted Oil cooler. Now if I were going to be using different injectors, and really bombing it I would opt for the ARPs. By the way Im pretty sure There is a special torquing sequence with the ARPs. I believe you have to torque the ARPs like 3 seperate seperate times with heatups in between. Not 100% sure on that, but I have heard that rumor before.
Thanks

He thinks he can save close to $500. if he goes with ford parts.

He is not into much tuning and it is still stock. He is eliminating the egr, and has a new oil cooler. From what you are saying, he would be ok with the ford parts.

RIP FULLSIZE4LIFE
SHARPMACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.44987 seconds with 20 queries