Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Hemi dodge ram half tons
View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:06 PM   #5
kkodet
Formerly Route55
 
kkodet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-21-07
Location: Marine City, Michigan
Posts: 4,352
iTrader: (47)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

My wifes 04 hemi Durango does the same thing. Mostly when the trans is cold.

I talked to my trans rebuilder, and he says it is common with these transmissions. He says they use hard rubber seals that are too small for the application, and that he has had very good luck with Hapco trans treatment. He says if you can't find that, put some Hapco or Lucas power steering treatment in, and it will cure the issue 99% of the time. The other 1% of the time he says drive it till it annoys you too much, and they can rebuild the trans with softer seals.

He says it won't leave me on the side of the road.

I just haven't gotten around to putting anything in, but will soon.
kkodet is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Page generated in 0.05536 seconds with 20 queries