Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - "Morality Issues"
View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2006, 10:24 PM   #56
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar
Actually, I was furthering what JAS said, regarding abortion to save the life of the mother. You are talking about a scenario where you choose mother vs baby. It statistically is a non-existant scenario.

What you have to understand when it comes to the abortion as birth control, is what happens when you take it away.

My family is strong anti-abortion. The practice is abhorrant to me. But people are going to do it. Remove the option, now you have 100x more cases of coat hanger back alley abortions and baseball bats to the stomach. You'll have false claims of incest and rape (with parental backing, even) to get an abortion approved.
Not to mention babys ending up in bathroom trash cans, dumpsters and shallow graves.

I agree with what you said.

My thoughts... in a perfect world there would be no abotrions... but that same perceft world would have no rape, insest, expectant mothers lives as risk or unwanted or untintended pregnencies. To someone whos pregnent and doesn't want to be abortion is a solution to thier problem... maybe not the ideal solution, but it does remove the immediate problem. If we want to get rid of abortion we need to do better at both helping people avoid getting pregnent and helping them figure out what to do if they do get pregnent. Otherwise it will just lead to other problems.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.25611 seconds with 20 queries