Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Michael Bouchard... The death of the devil stabenow is near.
View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2006, 08:16 PM   #13
jamiesann

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode
Brother Rice offers NO academic scholarships, nor do they offer athletic scholarships. If a person went there, their family paid the tuition.

I will never understand people. You take an excellent candidate, with a stellar background, and you do not want to vote him into office b/c his family has money. Who cares!!!!! That is whats wrong with this country.....vote the best candidate regardless if they are rich, poor, white, black, catholic or a jew.
ohh ok. i thought most of the private schools did, there are a few eastside ones i thought for sure they gave out lots of scholarships.

I am but a humble product of the public school system. I wanted to make clear sol goode I DIDNT feel that diminished his credibility or viability as a candidate to me ... just that certain socio economic groups dont need much of a reason to see anyone as different and a silver spooned cake eater ... then write them off as a terrible candidate, and someone who could never represent them casue they grew up in a upper middle class family, and not poor or middle class.

To me it just says his family REALLY values education. Thats a good thing to me from every angle.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06282 seconds with 20 queries