Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - "Morality Issues"
View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2006, 06:35 PM   #14
Your Message Here
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm a conservative.

That being said, it doesn't mean I always vote Republican, although my values intersect with Republicans most often.

That being said, I have some pretty non-typical beliefs:

Have no problems with gays getting married - however if a church/organization doesn't agree with it and chooses not to particpate, that's their choice. So let's have no protests, whining, class action lawsuits, or lawmaking about it.

I'm pro-choice - better aborted than abused.

Would like to see some well-thought-out trade policies that levels the playing field (whatever protectionist nonsense applies to Pontiacs in Japan applies to every Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, and whatever else sold here - regardless where it's made). This doesn't mean preservation of the status quo/protection of the UAW - it means that if I can't play in your market, you can't play in mine.

Utility deregulation (telephone, electric, gas) is a crock - sometimes a monopoly is the answer. Is landline phone service any better or cheaper since AT&T was broken up (not to mention the fact that it's re-assembling)? No - we just have more people in the business.

Wish the religious right didn't have so much sway over the Republican party

I agree with Jesus (:miff:) that we need a viable third party - and maybe a fourth. People want more choice - and we'd have better government with more choice and fewer career politicans (term limits, term limits, and more term limits).
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.07969 seconds with 21 queries