August 9th, 2006, 12:13 PM
I am the law.
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
*SOLD* Mobile Pole Barn (box truck) w/pics.
1984 GMC Vandura 3500 Box truck
- carbed 350 (claimed to be 4-bolt)/TH400
- Regular passenger van nose/cab with highback buckets.
- Dana 70 dually rear (should be the big-bearing model)
- 4.10 gears
- I forget the miles
- PS/PB, manual windows & locks
- Pretty big box, door to cab, some rust on cab.
- Will measure box tonight, but its tall.
- New alternator & belt, bumped up the amps also.
- Passenger exhaust manifold gasket leaking.
- Just picked up a pair of vinyl van seats in great shape, so you will have 1 spare seat also in gerat shape.
I drove this truck from Highland to work in Dearborn for two days (few hundred miles) with no problems other than figuring out that it actually had the wrong alternator on it. Runs well except for the tick from the exhaust leak and could benefit from a carb cleaning.
Its fine for a work truck or if you want extra storage around the house (like if your township doesn't like parts in the yard). I picked it up for parts runs since I have had to deal with bad weather a few times and have also had concerns about security with a pickup or a trailer. With the box truck, nothing gets wet and its lockable. Right now its doing shed duty next to the pole barn. Great for carrying around motorcycles, quads or sleds. You can fit two bikes, maybe 2 or 3 quads, a sled (maybe two opposite each other, or even a couple jetskis in it. It does fine on the highway, but don't expect a NASCAR performance - it drives just like the box trucks in the GTA games. :tonka: A 700r4 would probably do wonders for its performance and mileage with the lower 1st gear & overdrive - I kicked it around with KillerB about doing one if I keep it.
Last edited by PävementPounder; November 20th, 2006 at 06:18 PM.