Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - * sold *2000 Cherokee 4.5" lift - 31" muds / Ravines with bumpers and winch. $2600.00
View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #1
kargod
Charcoal Mellowed

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default * sold *2000 Cherokee 4.5" lift - 31" muds / Ravines with bumpers and winch. $2600.00

I don't want to do this, but I have 3 xj's and 6 other cars, so I should probably try to thin the herd.

This is a 2000 Cherokee with the following parts:
Rough country shortarm 4.5" lift, Full Traction 4" rear springs, Full traction u-bolt plates with bump stop adapters, daystar shackles, stainless longer brake lines, Nates 4x4 front slimline winch bumper, JCR rear bumper, homemade rocker protection and transfer case skid, skyjacker rear shocks (worst riding shocks I've ever bought) Rough country trackbar, rugged ridge oversize tie rod, all ball joints were replaced with moog, newer rear oxygen sensor, newer crank sensor, drag link was a Duralast, replaced track bar end once with newer es140r, replaced both front axle seals and pinion seals front and rear, Jegs performance exhaust, Smittybuilt XRC8 winch, Hella lights on front bumper, rare console delete option and a bunch more.

This jeep has MANY faults... I still love it and drove it every day. I have parked it both (maybe three) of the winters I have owned it. It's been to the Badlands, to the Mounds several times, and to OSTC I think all 3 times this site went. It has around 205k miles on it and it shows... It squeaks and rattles like nothing I've driven before. I drove it 3 hours each way to our cottage almost every weekend last summer. I may just delete this thread and keep it for this summer.

Here's what I would do to it to fix it back up:
Put front sway bar back on, replace rear shocks with hydros, check it over from front to back (steering is feeling really loose again) will need an a/c clutch (this one slips and stinks, but we had a/c all day at the badlands ) probably needs trans mount and both motor mounts (it shudders pretty bad upon hard accel) motor is noisy and has been since I got it 45000 miles ago. It warms up and is quieter, and different viscosities of oil change the noises, but it rattles like all hell when it is cold. Never had to add any oil between changes though. Right front tire will lose air and needs to be filled once a month or so when it sits... Needs a Slip Yoke Eliminator - I just ignored any vibes... front driveshaft could use a rebuild.

It has your usual trail scratches and rust at the bottom of the driver's door. The drip rail is pushed in at the pass rear door.

That's pretty much it - I am always as honest as possible when I sell something. now for the business...

Asking $2600.00 I am firm on price.
NO TRADES unless it is large, army green, and was once owned by the military. Trades are subject to spousal approval.
This is NOT a part out ad... I can not sell parts.

Last edited by kargod; February 26th, 2010 at 12:27 PM.

Page generated in 0.06781 seconds with 20 queries