well made progress on the jeep this weekend, got the rear spring hangers remade and replaced the rear springs
as it sat, sat morning before we got it in and started working on it.
we got the old springs out and made the measurements for the new hardware.
the brackets made up and getting ready for install.
new and old springs with the center pins lined up.
the new and old springs standing next to each other the old was 49" and the new (off a newer style wagoneer) where 55'',
new and old springs arch are about the same, should have about the same rate and be about the same ride height
tacked on brackets
getting axle back under the jeep for real weight testing
how it is with weight on them
how the tire is sitting in the well, we moved it back about 1 1/2 inches from stock
dj stopped by and got a couple of me getting ready to clean the frame rails for the final welding on the rear brackets
brackets welded up
we got the springs bolted back on and put it back outside till next time, sitting much better now, there are still a few changes to make in the front, like the weight of the drivetrain, winch ect. and we still need to fix the front shackle mounts, but over all this should be close to how it will sit, give or take a couple of inches. if it is not high enough i can get a small lift for a newer waggoner and now they will bolt on..
as she sits at the end of the weekend with the rear raised up about 5-6'' from where it was.. the wheelbase is 113 inches now with the rear axle back
till next time.....