Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - whacko baptists who were stealing haitian kids.
View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2010, 08:38 AM   #13
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I find this story very interesting. I also find the Bias undertones to be ridiculous, at best. To be honest, they didn't need to mention it was a group of Baptists. Or even that they were affiliated with God. But they did, And I'm not surprised.

Also, Sova, I see what you did there with the 9 year old girl quote. Made it out to look like the Kidnappers tricked her into getting in the van with Candy or something. While thier actions and intentions are not completely known, or condoned, I can imagen that thier parents probably gave them up and told them "You're going to a Camp for a while" so the kids wouldn't struggle. No parent would ever tell thier child that they are letting them go because they can't afford to feed them anymore and that they wouldn't see them again. "Sorry Son, I have to give you up to these people because I can no longer afford to take care of you. Have a Good life, Don't do drugs, Stay in school." That just doesn't happen.

I think the Missionaries had the right idea and did more then any body on here would have done. They went down there to help; they took action. I think that's great. I'm sad that they weren't smart enough to go through the proper channels though. It almost sounds like the leader of this group may have jumped the gun because of heightened Emotions. JMO.
You don't know and I don't know. I'm just going by what the story said.
mikesova is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05822 seconds with 20 queries