View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2010, 08:02 AM   #53
barry1me
Just another day

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacklung View Post
I'll have to agree. If there's one thing I learned over the years with diesels, people like to lie to themselves when it comes to mileage. My last 7.3L with an 8" lift on 37"s got about 14 mpg on the freeway cruising at 75 mph. Now given, the 7.3L has never been the king of fuel mileage, but still I don't care what kind of tunes you're running. A lifted truck will just not show the kind of mileage people like to claim.
exactly Im glad someone is honest about fuel economy. Man I have done so many tricks to get fuel economy with diesels, and a lot of them help to get you higher mileage. Like last weekend I pulled my enclosed 21 ft snowmobile trailer (loaded weight 6k lbs) I was pulling it fast like 80mph. I was running my spartan 250 tune, and I got 10.2mpg(hand calculated). Well some jerk off with a lifted cummins dually told me he just pulled at 80mph pulling 8klbs and got 15mpg. No offense to cummins lovers, cuz its not just cummins guys that lie about fuel economy, its people in general are ignorant and have no clue. I have a buddy with a 6.4L on 37s, 6" lift with a spartan 310 tune and tells me he can get 21-22mpg. BULL CRAP!
barry1me is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04062 seconds with 11 queries