Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - my new powerstroke!
View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2010, 07:55 AM   #52
Blacklung

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry1me View Post
no I dont believe everything I read. When I post mileage results its not good ole boy redneck numbers. Its legit. I have owned 2 duramaxs (LB7, LLY), 2 6.0L powerstrokes, and now my 6.4L. I love tinkering with diesels, and trying to get the best fuel economy. The duramaxs from all of the research and personal experience I have had by far get the best mileage. I dont believe there is a 6" lifted 37" tire 6.7L that gets 22mpg hand calculated....NOT A CHANCE. Now if you were saying you got the numbers from the lieometer in the truck then, yes I would agree. My 05 duramax 6" lift on 35s would say I could 25-28mpg on the lieometer....hand calculated was a best of 20mpg that was drafting off from a semis bumper at 62mph. I can get my 6.4L to show a tanks fuel economy at 25mpg but best hand calculated to date is 18.9Mpg. I understand you can build a truck for fuel economy, but a truck with 37s and 6" lift is not.
I'll have to agree. If there's one thing I learned over the years with diesels, people like to lie to themselves when it comes to mileage. My last 7.3L with an 8" lift on 37"s got about 14 mpg on the freeway cruising at 75 mph. Now given, the 7.3L has never been the king of fuel mileage, but still I don't care what kind of tunes you're running. A lifted truck will just not show the kind of mileage people like to claim.
Blacklung is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05565 seconds with 20 queries