Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - my new powerstroke!
View Single Post
Old February 4th, 2010, 08:44 AM   #51
barry1me
Just another day

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93XJcountry View Post
well do you believe everything you read? come down here to ohio and we will show you a 6.7 that gets 22 on the highway. it all depends on how it is built.
no I dont believe everything I read. When I post mileage results its not good ole boy redneck numbers. Its legit. I have owned 2 duramaxs (LB7, LLY), 2 6.0L powerstrokes, and now my 6.4L. I love tinkering with diesels, and trying to get the best fuel economy. The duramaxs from all of the research and personal experience I have had by far get the best mileage. I dont believe there is a 6" lifted 37" tire 6.7L that gets 22mpg hand calculated....NOT A CHANCE. Now if you were saying you got the numbers from the lieometer in the truck then, yes I would agree. My 05 duramax 6" lift on 35s would say I could 25-28mpg on the lieometer....hand calculated was a best of 20mpg that was drafting off from a semis bumper at 62mph. I can get my 6.4L to show a tanks fuel economy at 25mpg but best hand calculated to date is 18.9Mpg. I understand you can build a truck for fuel economy, but a truck with 37s and 6" lift is not.
barry1me is online now   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06044 seconds with 20 queries