Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Boat helper
Thread: Boat helper
View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2010, 08:29 AM   #2
Bow_Extreme

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Do you have any knowledge of wooden boats? I have an older wooden boat that I would like to restore in the near future. It seems to be in very good condition. It needs to be stripped, a few panels on the interior need to be replaced, and the window frames need to be repaired or replaced along with the glass needing attention. I just want to make sure the boat is worthy of doing this. It's been sitting mostly inside before I acquired it. I've heard a god way to test them is to fill the interior with water and see if it has any major leaks or issues. There was one repair done on the bottom of the boat but it looks clean to me. I will get some pictures up in the next day or two of the boat. I will also post the make as I cannot remember exactly what it is. I know it was a very rare boat to find around and not many of them were made. I remember running google searches a while back and couldn't find any info on the boat. The only knowledge I've gained on the subject thus far is a little info on what to use when stripping the boat.
Bow_Extreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07094 seconds with 20 queries