Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - So, the well inform voters of Howell Public Schools....
View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2006, 05:42 PM   #12
_F_
Shama Lama Ding Done

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to _F_

FWIW

Quote:
This may be a legitimate point. As a teacher I have wondered how many politicians who vote on public education have or have had children go through the public school system? Perhaps I should spend some time on Google researching this matter.
http://www.heritage.org/Research/Education/BG1684.cfm

While only 10 percent of American students attend private schools, 41 percent of Representatives and 46 percent of Senators responded that they had sent children to private school

45 percent of House Ways and Means Committee members and 31 percent of House Education and the Workforce Committee members exercised private school choice

56 percent of Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee and 47 percent of Senate Finance Committee members exercised private school choice

29 percent of Congressional Black Caucus members and 46 percent of Congressional Hispanic Caucus members chose to send at least one child to private school.

Based solely on this one web site, the numbers who elect to send their students to private schools is actually lower than I expected. I did not research the issue just a quick Google and 1 web site.
_F_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05625 seconds with 20 queries