Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - ...any firefighters or medics?
View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2010, 01:07 AM   #16
Motorcitydak
Merkin salesman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Motorcitydak

That all depends on where you want to work. I live on the east side and most of the full time FD's are ALS(medics) if not BLS(EMT's). I got my medic license just over 2 years ago and maybe know 3 guys that have been hired as full time on FD's. It is crazy hard to get a spot now and over here more places are transporting ALS units so you have to have the fire classes and medic already and a decent amount of experience if you expect to be taken seriously. There are around 50 guys going to 1 job so you want your best possible chance of getting hired. Since there are so many guys going for it, there is no place around here that would put you thru the schools.

Since you asked, I went to baker college in clinton township. There are a few other locations around the state, but I am not sure where.

I know one guy that just got hired to south carolina (myrtle beach). If you really want a job soon, expect to have to leave the state.

I have not taken my fire classes yet. I will, I just have not had the time to do it yet.
Motorcitydak is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05415 seconds with 20 queries