Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Anyone own a jeep compass?
View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2010, 08:08 PM   #47
addicted

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93trackaddict
Sometimes I dont think people understand small engines they are not the v8 torque producers we are all used to driving.
This is the part that confused me since I never mentioned anything about V8's and wasn't sure where you were going with the statement. The auto transmissions in them don't have gears like a traditional automatic but more like a snowmobile where it keeps accelerating without any RPM change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93trackaddict View Post
have u seen the shifters in these cars? There is a notch to the side for manually selecting a "gear" (slap shifter)

Sorry if I am misunderstanding you
Yes I have, and the few I drove when shopping for my Patriot in '08 didn't have it. So I looked for info on it before posting about not having a "slap shift option" and didn't find anything. While understanding the basic operation of the trans it didn't make sense that you could control its' shifts when it doesn't shift. Therefore I put my foot in my mouth while trying to call BS about it.
addicted is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08976 seconds with 20 queries