Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - tire size vs. lift
View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2010, 01:20 PM   #11
BILL C.
** TEAM KAMIKAZE 4X4 **

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4X4SPIT View Post
I know about 15 samurai /owners and only one has a spring under lift and I think even he will say is rig is not very flexible and he still only has 31"tires (hes locked up so it dosent mater if his tires are on the ground )if your going to keep with spring under lift you probably also have to get drive shaft spacers and deal with brake line extensions or modification and mabee some steering mods (z bar or drop pitman arm)
there are lots of spring over lift kits out there some more complete that others heres a link to a place that sells economical lift stuff
http://www.breezeindustries.com/suzuki.htm but you need to be able to weld a 5" spring over still wont fit 33 with out cheating the axle foward or trimming the ft fendrers and outer stock ft bumper mounts . and the rear usually needs trimming also if you put a body lift on stuff might clear I dont like body lifts so havet ever used one other than to remove them. anyway thats my 2cents
the guy he is refering to is proly me...yes i dont have hardly any flex and can be kinda scary when you go off camber but its also kinda exciting too...i can get some massive wheelies coming outa holes and i dont have to beat on it cause im locked front and rear..i used a kit from ebay from hell creek suspensions and it was less than $400 with shipping...had to mod the brake lines but i came with everything else to do the kit except shock..i bought rancho 5000 shocks when they were buy three get one free so total i have less than $500 into my lift and still kept it spring under...too a day to do the kit.here is a link to there website.....http://www.hellcreeksuspensions.com/

have fun with your new toy..
BILL C. is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07954 seconds with 20 queries