Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Civilian Conservation Corps
View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2010, 09:02 AM   #2
Yetti
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I can see where good intentions pave the path to hell. all this stuff is just a repeat of the failure of old kingdoms.

Quote:
I'm guessing that ancient Egyptian society collapsed in the same way the Soviet Union did, and for the same reason. You can't have a Pharoah-God ruler single handedly directing the people and the nation's resources by fiat and still expect to maintain a viable economic condition over the long run. Those pyramids should stand as an eternal monument to the inherent folly of government spending. It may keep people busy, and it may look like things are getting done, but it merely squanders human and physical resources, and is inherently uneconomic. A collossal waste of productive human energy -- and for what? To assuage the ego of some delusional tyrant.
Just think how that society would have thrived if all those poor souls assigned to monument building and similar tasks had been allowed to pursue their own individual talents and goals.
I don't know much about Egyptian history, but obviously it was doomed to failure from the getgo.
http://www.ihr.org/jhr/v15/v15n1p34_Oliver.html

Page generated in 0.05586 seconds with 20 queries