View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2010, 07:56 AM   #1
deuce228
Redneck Poser

Civilian Conservation Corps

Last night I watched an interesting program on the CCC. I knew it was part of FDR's "New Deal" and I was aware of the CCC, but I didn't know how profound it was.

For those unaware:
"The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) was a public work relief program for unemployed men, providing vocational training through the performance of useful work related to conservation and development of natural resources in the United States[2] from 1933 to 1942. As part of the New Deal legislation proposed by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt (FDR), the CCC was designed to aid relief of the unemployment resulting from the Great Depression while implementing a general natural resource conservation program on federal, state, county and municipal lands in every U.S. state, including the territories of Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands."
Now, given the current state of affairs in the country. I wonder instead of this botched stimulus plan that was put in place, if they shouldn't have reinstated this program.

Discuss.
deuce228 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.03952 seconds with 11 queries