January 18th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Join Date: 01-30-07
Location: Coldwater, MI
36' Custom Built Enclosed Trailer! MUST SEE!!!
This trailer is unlike anything you'll find anywhere. It was custom built in 2006 by a high end coach builder in Cincinnati with an open wallet and a specific purpose. This was built to haul a 250K wooden boat to boat shows. It was built extra wide at 101" and extra tall (app. 108" and I'll get that measurement also). There is nothing that was left out. The overall length is 36'. The length to the start of the V-nose (full width front to back) is about 32' and the extra 3' or so in addition to that is the V-nose. I'll try to list most of the main points
- V nose to help on wind and drag.
- Dove tail built in to trailer floor to aid in loading
- All diamond plate finished floor, rear door, lower front.
- Full finished interior.
- POWER REAR DOOR!!! Open the side small door and there is a switch to open and close the rear door.
- Built in lighting all around the ceiling inside the trailer. Behind the lexan in the top corner as you can see in the pics.
- Built in the floor are 2 deep cycle batteries for the lighting and power invertor.
- Built in electric winch at front of trailer for loading heavy items.
- Electric tongue jack.
- Custom built diamond plate ramps to use inaddition to the rear gate (for very low cars or in this case,boats.)
- 110 volt recepticles around the trailer run from the invertor built on the front wall (see pics)
- Light switches for the interior lights at all door openings.
- Comes with weight distribution hitch and bars. (Pulls like butter with these hooked up).
- D-rings in floor in multiple locations for tie downs.
- All aluminum on the exterior was prepped and painted with silver when new so that nothing could ever corode or look dull.
- All aluminum wheels in perfect condition and new tires.
- All bearings and brakes just gone through.
This trailer is top notch in every way and is all serviced and ready to go anywhere. It was probably only pulled down the road 5000 miles total as it only went to a couple shows. It is literally about like new and is awesome.
$28,000 to build!!!!
You will not be disappointed with this trailer in any way. It has been stored inside and hand washed and waxed when used (and I'm not exaggerating or just saying that, Serious!) Buy this trailer for nearly half of what it takes to build it, and it's as good as new.
Would work great for a race team or specialty vehicle or boat transporter.
Please feel free to contact me at 517-278-9689 or 517-918-3653
Last edited by FAS4DOR; June 14th, 2010 at 01:34 PM.