Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Project Sweet Leaf YJ (8-7-11) new paint pic's
View Single Post
Old January 17th, 2010, 10:08 PM   #38
sodapop
Support the Sport!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Looks good other than the height. Opinions are like assholes, but here's mine on the springs. I'd find a set of stock height cherokee rear springs in a heavy duty version for the rear. Then I'd french in the the spring hanger and use a set of wayback shackle mounts from ruffstuffspecialties.com. You'll need a anti-wrap bar to keep the springs from wrapping. For the front, I would take a stock height pack of yj springs but reg. YJ springs won't cut it, you'll wrap them and snap them so you'd have to look at some options. My front is SOA stockers and my 4 banger wraps them. I'm going to use a XJ packs main leaf with the small eye cut off, then the large eye will sleeve over the YJ pack eye and will help reduce wrap. I don't know if that would be enough for your motor though... I'd french your front hangers too. Frenching your hangers at both ends will save you half of the amount of change (move them up 4 you save 2" of height).

Lastly you could cut that 2" body lift in half and save an inch there too. Unless you need it for your motor/t-case set up.
sodapop is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04949 seconds with 20 queries