View Single Post
Old January 14th, 2010, 09:06 AM   #14
Haggar
Covered in mud...

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVYRTFT View Post
back up camera in the mirrorrrr???! Would you mind showing a photo of this sometime? That is awesome!
Let me tell you, BEST money I ever spent on an option in a vehicle. In fact, Trailrail had this truck brought up from another state to get one with the camera for me (end of year clearance, stock up here was pretty low). You can see in the picture, the green, yellow, and red bars. Those are about 3, 2, and 1 feet away or so. And the back up sensing beeps get faster as you get into each zone.

When you aren't in reverse, the display disappears and you have normal mirror.

3 big things for me:

1) I have little kids. So between bikes in the driveway, and the rare possibility that on of my kids runs out, I can see everything behind the truck.

2) Parking is soooooo easy. Back into any space, I can put the truck 4" away from the next car first time, every time. After this holiday season parking at crowded small lots, this was awesome.

3) Hooking up to the trailer is stupid-easy now. You can see the trailer ball in the camera. You just line up that black dotting line on your trailer coupler and back up. Again, you'll get it right first time, every time, by yourself.

My wife has the truck now, while her van is in the shop, she's 5'2", and happy to have that camera.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04770 seconds with 11 queries