Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - 85 Scrambler build
View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2005, 02:58 AM   #13
Monkeyevil
I <3 Miatas

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Monkeyevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPounder
I always cringe when I hear about someone hacking into a Scrambler. But, it looks like you are doing it nicely in a non-hacking sort of way.
I always laugh. Mostly because with a run of around 27,000 between 1981 to 1986 they aren't even close to rare.

YJ renegades had a run of less than 10,000 total in comparison. Many people think they are ugly, and on aspects I would agree. Just like I think everything behind the rear tires of a scrambler is not only ugly but right out there where the rocks can tear the crap out of it. What is better... a bobbed CJ8? Or a stock tub that is beat to crap :)

My point being? No one cries when people cut up Renegades, or sell the flares on eBay... which is good. Mostly because Jeeps aren't collectors items. They are utility vehicles. If every Scramber and Renegade disapeared from the earth tomorrow i would not shed a tear (as long as mine was still behind the shop as a regular YJ :tonka:)

Sometimes I want to start buying Scramblers and Waggies and cut the frames in half and send them off to scrap... just to make Jeep people "cringe"

Page generated in 0.05606 seconds with 20 queries