Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Gladwin ORV loop
View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #11
CreativeFab
used to be Ironman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The "old" ORV route never did cross the Mollases where it is now blocked via guardrails. It actually entered on the same road off from M61 but turned right at the first intersection north of 61. That was decommissioned a couple years back with the help of the CCC, needless to say GLFWDA was not happy about as it was pushed through without our consideration or input, thanks Bill Chapin!

I have only been up there once since with the Quad to see what exactly they did to it and it confirmed my suspicion, a nice wide sandy road is now our ORV route, another fine example of what the routes were actually created for, a connector for the 50" trail. Some of the old markers were never removed! Trap, I'm not sure but it is not hard to take them down if you are getting paid for maint. through the grant system.

The two track that crosses the river has a few names, one is Iron Bridge road, named after the now collpased Iron Bridge north of Mosquito Alley trail. The other names it has are Wildwood Rd. Wildwood Shores Rd. and What the hell were you thinking when you drove down this, Rd. The latter was what was said opening morning of rifle season when car after car was stuck in the several water holes while trying to be the first one back into their favorite hunting spots. This being back in the 70's when we hunted there, a gentleman that lived on the corner of Mosquito Alley (aka Ridge Rd.) and Three Rivers road made a lot of money with his tractor back then.
CreativeFab is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04475 seconds with 20 queries