Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - India Rx
Thread: India Rx
View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2010, 09:28 AM   #7
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
The Economic Times of India is reporting that the US' largest drugstore chain Walgreens on Thursday announced a 10-year outsourcing deal with India. Walgreens is shifting its accounting processes and jobs to Genpact, a loss of at least 500 American jobs. This as The Labor Department announced that employers cut 85,000 jobs last month, worse than analysts had expected. It's time for America to repudiate the Reagan and Clinton policies of "free trade" and return to a national industrial and trade policy that will keep American companies hiring Americans instead of Chinese and Indians.

NOTE: You see I included Clinton in that guys? So don't give me that partisan crap.
That sucks.

I am not surprised. When I broke my ribs this year I was talking to an x-ray tech that told me something interesting:
Some hospitals are trying to cut staff whenever they can, so one thing they do in the radiology department is to cut the number of staffed radiologists and send X-ray pictures electronically to India.

Since the times of day are offset, today's films can be sent off to India at the "end of the day". They pay Indian doctors (pennies on the dollar, I'm sure) to review the x-rays and write a report. When the U.S. radiologist comes in the next morning, they skim over the reports for errors, then quickly rewrite them in an official hospital report.

Some flexible spending account companies are doing the same thing with FSA receipts and charges. They'll send them to India for a doctor to review and scrutinize to try to keep from paying out the reimbursement. Happens to a coworker a couple times a year for routing medical expenses (that are covered) for his kids.

This, and our new healthcare bill go hand in hand.

Page generated in 0.05884 seconds with 20 queries