Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - my new powerstroke!
View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2010, 07:43 PM   #44
93XJcountry
Nothing Runs Like a Deere

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry1me View Post
I have a few friends that have 6.7L cummins crew cab 4x4's and the mileage sucks on them too. If you want to get some mileage you have to get that DPF off from your truck....check out spartentechdiesel. Matt has a tune thats making 500+RWHP from the 6.4L with just tuning and removing the DPF/DOC. Not to mention most guys removing the DPF's are getting in the 17+mpg range. Same goes for the 6.7L its a turd for fuel mileage as well. But I have heard several people getting much better mileage once they remove the dpf and block EGR coolers.
the 6.7s are a great damn motor my buddy gets 22mpg with his on the high way and 15 in town. and for those who are gonna ask, well whats all done to it: 6 in rough country lift, 37x12.5x17's cooper stt's, chip, strait piped 4 in exhaust with dpf delete, sb cold air, south bend dual disk clutch, and i cant remember what else right now. and it tows like there is nothing behind it
93XJcountry is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05987 seconds with 20 queries