Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - need a new bank...suggestions?
View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2009, 02:55 AM   #14
14muddn

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
i have overdraft protection but that only works when you HAVE money in your savings. which i don't. lets see 1200 a month income and 1500 a month in utility bills, gas, some food, and house payment. kinda hard to not spend what you don't have. and overdraft protection from National city they charge you 15 each time you have to use it.
This does not sound like a banking problem. It sounds like you need to do what most of us have done or need to do, cut back. I already know how hard it is, but what do you need more cable or heat? internet or electricity? Cutting out little stuff is a lot better than having to chose between keeping your house or your truck. In times like this you really need to save more now than ever. I hardly go out to lunch or dinner, got a cheaper gym membership, quit smoking, canceled my storage unit, skipped on a few up north vacations, etc. Now I could be laid off tomorrow and be financially okay for 6-10 months. Even though I feel my job is secure this time last year I had been layed off for 3 months without any safty net like your situation, and let me tell you donating plasma and living off credit cards was not a fun way to get by.

Last edited by 14muddn; December 30th, 2009 at 03:06 AM.
14muddn is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06253 seconds with 20 queries