View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2009, 07:29 AM   #12
greygoose
I'm the dude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93XJcountry View Post
bds is is worth the money, they make quality stuff. i would take the cat of and run dual flowmaster 40's with 2.5 in pipe, and i would get a nice set of fake bead lock steelies and just stick with the 35s
Quote:
Originally Posted by HVYRTFT View Post
good luck keeping the engine running correctly with no cats(O2 sens) on that 5.3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93XJcountry View Post
shit i forgot they had the o2's in the cats on these, i was thinking they were in the y pipe lol. and i have heard dual flowmasters on these with hi flow cats and it sounded good, now throw a set of borlas and high flows and it would sound bad ass
Headers, high flow cats, single 3" pipe, and a free flowing muffler are all you need. True duals free up horsepower and torque, but its all in the upper RPM range. A single exhaust system (with a dual outlet muffler if you must) will net you the most usable gains and help keep the torque curve a bit lower. This is especially important if the OP is going to run 35" tall tires and stock gearing. Not to mention running steelies will add a few more pounds of rotating mass over the factory aluminum wheels.
greygoose is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04704 seconds with 11 queries