Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Ol' Blue (Updated 1-17-09)
View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2009, 07:29 AM   #12
I'm the dude
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by 93XJcountry View Post
bds is is worth the money, they make quality stuff. i would take the cat of and run dual flowmaster 40's with 2.5 in pipe, and i would get a nice set of fake bead lock steelies and just stick with the 35s
Originally Posted by HVYRTFT View Post
good luck keeping the engine running correctly with no cats(O2 sens) on that 5.3.
Originally Posted by 93XJcountry View Post
shit i forgot they had the o2's in the cats on these, i was thinking they were in the y pipe lol. and i have heard dual flowmasters on these with hi flow cats and it sounded good, now throw a set of borlas and high flows and it would sound bad ass
Headers, high flow cats, single 3" pipe, and a free flowing muffler are all you need. True duals free up horsepower and torque, but its all in the upper RPM range. A single exhaust system (with a dual outlet muffler if you must) will net you the most usable gains and help keep the torque curve a bit lower. This is especially important if the OP is going to run 35" tall tires and stock gearing. Not to mention running steelies will add a few more pounds of rotating mass over the factory aluminum wheels.
greygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.06995 seconds with 21 queries