Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Best bike for my girls to start on
View Single Post
Old December 20th, 2009, 04:16 PM   #17
chris1044

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARPMACHINE View Post
My child can not ride on my property without it?

Also, how old does a child need to be before they can get certified?

thanks

Legally, no. Another fine example of the government over-stepping its boundaries - while I agree that no one should be turned loose on any type of machine without supervision, I also don't agree with the government trying to make up for the idiots who allow their kids to ride totally unsupervised. This is a topic in itself.

Back to the original post:

For the 7 year old: CRF-50
For the 12/16 year old: TTR 125 - you can get the L if you want the larger version depending on how big your 12 year old is.

For everyone recommending bikes such as a CR/YZ80 (and the KTM 200 recommendation - WTF?? I've rode for years and can barely ride a bike like that to its full potential), I would say that a two stroke should be a bike to upgrade to if need be in the future, not one to start off on. I've rode for years, and I consistently find that when I hop on any 80 I get the front tire off the ground more than I do on my 125/250 2 strokes - you're sitting right over the wheel and they've got a short wheel base. This means it hooks up, and can easily pick the front end up....overall, not a good beginner type bike - they'll either pussy-foot it and foul plugs, or they'll really try to ride it and end up hurt....just my opinion
chris1044 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.07742 seconds with 20 queries