Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - Job Seekers : Detroit Edison Taking Applicaitions For Apprentice Lineman Jobs
View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #9
04PSD
aka Langford

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

This is one hell of an opportunity for somebody who is looking for a good career. One of the few stable industries left around here. Linemen have a good gig, they really don't work hard until the SHTF. But a lot of their time is spent on down wires, and waiting for something to come up. Once you get the experience and training, you can go anywhere in the world to be a lineman. Union wages, benefits and security too.

DOA, you work at Whiting? I spend a bit of time down there in the switch yard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
I'm too clumsy to be around high voltage. I suspect there is a reason for openings in that field?
It isn't really the high voltage system, I believe 40kv is the highest that DTE deals with anymore.

*edit* I forgot about some of the 120kv lines that DTE still owns, so there is the occasional 120kv line work, but that is few and far in between anymore for them.

You have to jump ship to ITC to deal with the high voltage stuff now...they own the 120kv, 230kv, and 345kv transmission system....and soon to be 765kv.

Last edited by 04PSD; December 16th, 2009 at 07:29 PM.
04PSD is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06834 seconds with 20 queries