Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest - View Single Post - how is this totaled?
View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2009, 03:23 AM   #48
blackjeep
| 11I1I11 |

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

This stuff really does add up quickly. A gentle bump to the front on my XJ from a buddy's TJ (rear tire) slipping in a driveway caused 700 worth of mech damage under the hood, and another 2600 worth of header/hood/hinges/cowl/paint etc body shit. I was just elated that he decided to pay up without much fuss. I still have a crack in the header panel, because we decided to repair instead of replace to save a couple extra bucks.

However, I have one ridiculous total before. We totaled out our old Saab about a year ago. It was a 9-7x. I parked it at my buddy's place and someone slid straight into the front end at around 20-30 mph. The bumper and hood were bent up, as well as the (1600 dollar!) headlight housings. Apparently, the rad cracked, the front suspension shit out, and there were slight bends on the framework. My dad was stunned when the adjusters faxed him back that it was a total (he is our agent, coincidentally). I don't even want to know the number required to total out one of those things, but it seemed like the damn thing just fell apart from a very minor impact.
blackjeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05456 seconds with 20 queries